Sky recently took a look at their induction process and made some changes that increased speed to competence and improved Net Promoter Score!
With the pandemic creating a growing need for advisers to help customers, and to help colleagues with the challenges of working remotely, Sky decided to change the way they rolled out their inductions.
This enabled them to make improvements to the learning model, including:
- Get new starters closer to their team from day one
- Cover what colleagues are most likely to work on every day rather than covering as much as possible
- Bring out their personalities and skills
- Hear the customer’s voice throughout their learning
- Offer a blended learning approach and break out of the classroom feel
- Focus on the areas that cause the most challenges
- Build in accreditation and progression stages
- Reduce time by focusing on the right areas and digitalising content
- Brand the induction process: start@sky
The success of the developed blended learning model led to the business to replicate it across departments, with increased confidence in the impact of digital learning programmes.
Originally posted on LinkedIn: