The Submission ProcessThe submission process for the Princess Royal Training Awards consists of a written application and a validation visit from an Assessor.
What does the written application involve?
- The first section is written by the applicant
- The second section is a short statement by the organisation’s senior management, supporting the application
The Three Hallmarks will be used to evaluate applications. These are a set of standards and criteria which applicants should use as guides in completing their application.
Applications should demonstrate how the organisation’s learning and development initiative has resulted in a positive impact on the organisation. It needs to include:
- How the organisation’s strategy for improvement is supported by its commitment to training/ learning and development
- How the training programme is effectively managed to match the needs of individuals, and how it is cost effective
- How the initiative has sustainably supported the growth of the organisation and its employees
The statement should support the application by confirming that the initiative has contributed to the success of the business.
Assistance with your application
What does the validation visit involve?
The validation visit is an informal chance for organisations to expand on the information from their applications.
The Three Hallmarks will be used to guide the Assessors’ evaluation.
As the applicant, you will need to:
- Host the visit, ensuring that learners, staff and senior management are available to speak to the Assessor
- The validation visit will last between two and three hours
- Give a short presentation about the training programme (up to 15 minutes)
- Provide any supporting documents that were requested in advance of the visit
Your presentation should include:
- What the training programme is
- How the programme is run
- Who is involved in the initiative
- What its outcomes are
- How it contributes to your organisation’s business success
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can enter the awards?
- The awards are open to all organisations in the UK regardless of size and sector
- More than one application may be submitted for an organisation if it has introduced multiple training initiatives
- Each training initiative must have resulted in different benefits for the business
What guidance and feedback can be expected?
- Webinars are held when applications are open. You can also see past webinars here.
- A dedicated team can help at all stages of your application on 077 1009 6000
- Guidance on how to prepare for validation visits will be provided for shortlisted organisations
How are applications assessed?
- Applications will be reviewed at all stages of the submission process by a team of independent Assessors, led by a Chief Assessor
- The Assessors have a wide range of experience in training and skills development across all sectors
- Assessors will independently review each written application
- Successful applications will move on to the next step – the validation visit
- Following the validation visit, the Assessor will complete a written report, based upon the visit and the written application
- The Princess Royal Training Awards Commission (an independent assessment board) use the Chief Assessor’s report to make the final decision
What are the Hallmarks?
- Hallmark 1 Training/learning and development are integral to business performance
- Hallmark 2 The programme is delivered efficiently and effectively
- Hallmark 3 The programme has an impact on the success of the organisation and its people
Full details can be found on the Hallmarks page.
Register your interest / apply
Applications are currently open. You can register your interest / begin your application now.