How to applyTo be considered for a Princess Royal Training Award you need to fill in an application and provide evidence to support it.
Below you will find information about how to structure your application and what types of evidence to supply.
Applications open in
How to apply
Once the applications open on 02 January, there are two ways in which you can apply:
- Apply online – start your application and come back to it at any time
- Apply offline – complete an application form and send it to us along with your evidence attachments. If you don’t hear from us within 48 hours of sending your application, please get in touch.
Your application is more likely to be successful if you provide supporting evidence for each of the three Hallmarks. Please note that the total evidence per Hallmark must not exceed:
- one document/attachment per Hallmark (Parts 1 and 2)
- 2MB and be no more than 500 words per attachment
If you are submitting your application by email, please include each evidence document as attachments to the email (one per Hallmark = 3 attachments max.).
Before you start
To get the most out of your application, consider the following:
- Which of your training, learning and development initiatives is the most outstanding?
- What is the initiative and what is it meant to achieve?
- How does the initiative encourage training best practice and how does it support the organisation?
- How does the initiative help employees?
- How does the initiative promote your organisation’s commitment to learning and skills development?
5 Steps to success
Watch the recording of our first webinar held on Tuesday 28 February 2017. Learn the 5 key steps to building a strong entry and follow the Chief Assessor’s advice to plan and complete an impactful submission.
Selecting your evidence
Watch the recording of our second webinar held on Wednesday 08 March 2017 to learn the importance of providing relevant evidence when applying. The Deputy Chief Assessor provided insights into what the assessment team will be looking for in your application.
The Submission Process
The submission process for the Princess Royal Training Awards consists of a written application and a validation visit from an Assessor.