The HallmarksThe Hallmarks are the standards and criteria which are used to evaluate applications for the Awards. They ensure the same standards are used to evaluate all entries.
They also provide a guide for applicants when completing their application forms and for the virtual Assessor visit, as applicants will need to demonstrate evidence of how each of these Hallmarks has been met.
The First Hallmark: Why?
Why choose training?
- You identified that training, learning & development would address your organisation’s challenge or opportunity and this supports the organisation’s strategy for improvement.
- The aims and objectives of this programme are provided and show how they link back to the organisational need.
Wider role of training
- Your organisation has a clear commitment to training, learning & development and this is supported at all levels of management.
- The organisation creates equal opportunities for unlocking individual potential, actively encourages training, learning & development and motivates employees to learn.
- Employees clearly understand the importance of training, learning & development and how their training contributes to the success of the organisation.
The Second Hallmark: How?
Planning and delivery
- How you designed and delivered the training, learning and development programme.
- Explain anything distinctive, creative or innovative about the programme and the technology or resources used to deliver it.
- Evidence is provided about the inclusive nature of your training programme, how you responded to the needs of participants and how you measured success.
Measure of Success
- The financial and/or other input resources (eg time) are considered to be cost effective in relation to the outcomes and how this was measured.
- How you evaluated the programme and any improvements or changes you made as a result of evaluation.
It has helped nurture the talent and potential of our staff and has enabled us to connect even further with our visitors. The Princess Royal Training Awards celebrate our achievements and we are truly delighted to have received the award.
The Third Hallmark: What?
Impact on the organisation
- The programme was successful in achieving its aims and objectives and has made a measurable impact on improved organisational performance.
- The programme has a sustainable impact on your people and their performance in the organisation.
Impact on the individual
- How the training, learning & development impacted on the capabilities and skills of the individual participants.
- Participants are involved in taking ownership of their learning and development needs.