The HallmarksThe Hallmarks are the standards and criteria which are used to evaluate applications for the Awards. They ensure the same standards are used to evaluate all entries.
They also provide a guide for applicants when completing their application forms and for the virtual Assessor visit, as applicants will need to demonstrate evidence of how each of these Hallmarks has been met.
The First Hallmark: Why?
Why did you choose training, learning and development to address a challenge or opportunity?
- What was the challenge or opportunity you were seeking to address?
- Why did you choose to address it through staff development?
- What were the specific aims and objectives?
Don’t forgot to tell us what the challenge or opportunity was that you needed to address.
Where does this programme sit in your organisational strategy?
- Your organisation demonstrates a clear commitment to staff development which has the support of all levels of management
- The organisation promotes inclusion and diversity by providing opportunities for unlocking individual potential, actively encourages training, learning & development and motivates employees to learn in an inclusive way
It took time to apply but it was a welcomed time because it made you stop and reflect on what you’d done, what you had achieved, did the data support that and how did you get that across in a compelling way.
The Second Hallmark: How?
How was the programme designed and delivered?
- How you designed and delivered the training, learning & development programme
- Explain anything distinctive, creative or innovative about the programme and the technology or resources used to deliver it
- Evidence is provided about the inclusive nature of your training programme and how you responded to the different needs of participants
How did you evaluate the training, learning and development?
- How you evaluated the programme and any improvements or changes you made as a result of evaluation
- What were the financial and/or other input resources such as time? Were these cost effective in relation to the outcomes and how was this measured?
It has helped nurture the talent and potential of our staff and has enabled us to connect even further with our visitors. The Princess Royal Training Awards celebrate our achievements and we are truly delighted to have received the award.
The Third Hallmark: What?
What impact did the programme have on the success of your organisation?
- The programme was successful in achieving its aims and objectives and has made a measurable impact on improved organisational performance
- How has the success of this programme influenced the organisation’s commitment to staff development?
Has your Learning & Development strategy developed as a result of this? If it has, tell us about it.
What impact did the programme have on the success of your people?
- The programme has a sustainable impact on your people and their performance in the organisation
- How the training, learning & development impacted on the capabilities and skills of the individual participants
Make sure you include the learner’s voice here.