About the awardsHonouring employers who have created outstanding training and skills development programmes which have resulted in exceptional commercial benefits.
The result is an award that highlights the range and quality of training that exists in industry.
Benefits of the awards
Applying for a Princess Royal Training Award will provide you with the opportunity to reflect on what you have achieved through your investment in training. We provide you with one-to-one support through the application process and all applicants receive tailored written feedback on their application. Achieving this prestigious award allows you to be externally recognised for your achievements and sets you apart from your competitors.
Recipients of the award are invited to display the award logo on their websites, business and recruitment communications and products, bringing industry-wide recognition. You will also join the community of excellence providing access to a network of over 70 award holders who, like you, believe in the huge value of training and development.
How to apply
The awards are free to enter and are open to organisations of all sizes, and from all sectors in the UK. Entrants will receive tailored support throughout the application process. Applications are open from 02 January – 29 March 2018. A prestigious awards ceremony to celebrate those who receive the award will take place in the autumn.
Some words from our President
The awards are supported by our President, HRH The Princess Royal, who is a keen advocate of skills development. ‘Many employers are making positive contributions to our wider communities and economies by up-skilling and empowering their employees. The Princess Royal Training Awards provide a platform for such employers, giving them the accolade they deserve.’ HRH The Princess Royal is the president of The City and Guilds of London Institute, the founding organisation for the City & Guilds Group and its businesses.
The Awards Ceremony
The inaugural Princess Royal Training Awards ceremony took place on 24 November 2016 at St James’s Palace. 33 organisations received recognition for excellence in training and skills development.
St. James's Palace
The Application Process
What information is needed for the application?
- Which of your training, learning and development initiatives is the most outstanding?
- What is the initiative, and what is it meant to achieve?
- How does it encourage training best practice to support the organisation?
- How does it help employees and/or volunteers?
- How does the initiative promote your organisation’s commitment to learning and skills development?
What does the application process involve?
- The first part is a written evaluation where you can explain how your organisation’s learning initiative has been successful
- The next part is a supporting statement from your senior management
- If these are successful, the final part takes the form of a visit to your organisation by an independent Assessor
- The Princess Royal Training Awards Commission (an independent assessment board) will make the final decision about which organisations meet the standard
What support is provided?
- An evaluation to help build skills and training
- The opportunity to improve your business operations
- Dedicated support during the online application process
- A peer-led, independent assessment by respected industry experts
Learn more about the standards and criteria which are used to evaluate applications for the Awards.