About the awardsHonouring employers who have created outstanding training and skills development programmes which have resulted in exceptional commercial benefits.
Benefits of the awards
Applying for a Princess Royal Training Award will provide you with the opportunity to reflect on what you have achieved through your investment in training. We provide you with one-to-one support through the application process and all applicants receive tailored written feedback on their application. Achieving this prestigious award allows you to be externally recognised for your achievements and sets you apart from your competitors.
Recipients of the award are invited to display the award logo on their websites, business and recruitment communications and products, bringing industry-wide recognition. You will also join the Princess Royal Training Awards Alumni providing access to a network of award holders who, like you, believe in the huge value of training and development.
How to apply
Some words from our President
The awards are supported by our President, HRH The Princess Royal, who is a keen advocate of skills development. ‘Many employers are making positive contributions to our wider communities and economies by up-skilling and empowering their employees. The Princess Royal Training Awards provide a platform for such employers, giving them the accolade they deserve.’ HRH The Princess Royal is the president of The City and Guilds of London Institute, the founding organisation for the City & Guilds Group and its businesses.
The awards are delivered by the City & Guilds Foundation, which was set up to amplify the work we do across the City & Guilds Group; removing some of the biggest barriers to jobs, celebrating best practice on the job, and advocating for jobs of the future.
The City & Guilds Group works with education providers, employers and governments in over 100 countries across the world to help people, businesses and economies grow by shaping skills systems and supporting skills development. Our brands include City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, The Oxford Group and Gen2 / Intertrain.
The Awards Ceremony
The Princess Royal Training Awards ceremony takes place in the Autumn at a Royal palace, usually at St James’s Palace.
St. James's Palace
The Application Process
What information is needed for the application?
- Which of your training, learning and development initiatives is the most outstanding?
- What is the initiative, and what is it meant to achieve?
- How does it encourage training best practice to support the organisation?
- How does it help employees and/or volunteers?
- How does the initiative promote your organisation’s commitment to learning and skills development?
What does the application process involve?
- The first part is a written evaluation where you can explain how your organisation’s learning initiative has been successful
- The next part is a supporting statement from your senior management
- If these are successful, the final part takes the form of a visit to your organisation by an independent Assessor
- The Princess Royal Training Awards Commission (an independent assessment board) will make the final decision about which organisations meet the standard
What support is provided?
- An evaluation to help build skills and training
- The opportunity to improve your business operations
- Dedicated support during the online application process
- A peer-led, independent assessment by respected industry experts